Policies and Shipping Details
1. Our axolotls are raised ethically and with care in our home. We breed sparingly and thoughtfully with the goals of producing genetically sound individuals and increasing genetic diversity of the captive axolotl population. In addition to producing my own genetic lines, I often raise clutches produced by other quality breeders. I keep records of genetics and lineages and information will be provided on request.
2. Axolotls from Rainy Day Aquatics are guaranteed to be perfect: meaning they are free from nips and other defects unless specifically communicated to and approved by the customer. Occasionally we will have special needs individuals available with minor developmental abnormalities or injuries. This will be made clear to you prior to purchase and will generally be expected to be pet only (ie not used for breeding).
3. All orders are shipped on Mondays. Please allow adequate time for fasting for safe shipping. Adults and sub-adults may not ship for a week or more from the time the order is placed. Local pick-up is available in the Tacoma area at a location of our choosing. Please contact us for more information regarding this option.
4. Shipping is not available to the following states/districts: California, Maine, New Jersey, Virginia, and Washington DC. Special permits are required to ship to Hawaii and New Mexico. International shipping is not available. If an order is made with the shipping address of an illegal location, the order will be cancelled and a refund will be given.
5. DOA: Our axolotls are guaranteed to arrive alive and healthy. Juveniles 7" or less shipped USPS Priority are guaranteed for up to 4 days in transit (ie shipped Monday, arrive by Friday of the same week). Sub-adults and adults 7" or larger should be shipped USPS Express for live arrival guarantee to be valid. A refund of the full amount of the axolotl(s) will be made if photo evidence of the deceased individual in the shipping bag is provided within 2 hours of delivery. Shipping cost is non-refundable.
6. All sales are final. Exchanges and/or returns are not available at this time. As the breeder, owner, and ultimately protector, of these amazing animals, I reserve the right to cancel any order at any time and for any reason up until the day of shipping, with a refund provided. An explanation may or may not be provided. Retaliatory or trolling behavior will not be tolerated.
7. We make an effort to respond to each and every question you may have about axolotls purchased from us.
8. Please contact us if you find yourself in a situation in which you are no longer able to care for your axolotl(s) purchased from us.